Skovron Mechanical Services LLC. is ready to help you with all of your indoor air quality needs. We are your New Hampshire commercial UV air sanitizer installation team, providing top notch customer service and ensuring long term efficiency.
Take a look at customers reviews to see how we have helped your colleagues improve their indoor air quality.
What Is a UV Air Sanitizer?
UV air sanitizers are designed to eliminate nearly 99.9% of airborne germs. The technology in these systems focuses strictly on eliminating disease-causing germs. These types of air sanitizers use UV-C wavelengths which are deemed "safe" wavelengths of ultraviolet light. UV-C is useful in destroying germs and hindering reproduction of the cells.
What Are the Benefits?
UV air sanitizers feature several benefits:
- They are constantly fighting germs. In high occupancy areas such as commercial buildings, it can be difficult to keep germs from spreading. A UV air sanitizer will keep pollutants to a minimum.
- UV air sanitizers also help eliminate odors in your commercial property, removing musty smells. As a result, the air constantly smells clean and fresh.
- They prevent mold growth on air conditioning coils and in the air ducts.
When Is It Time for Repair or Replacement?
UV lights are installed near the cooling coils in your HVAC system. This puts the light in position to sterilize the coils and the air that flows through.
How can you tell if it is time to repair or replace your UV air sanitizer? There are a few different signs to look out for:
- Musty smelling indoor air: A UV air sanitizer will help keep your air smelling fresh. If it starts to fail, you may also notice a decline in your indoor air quality.
- Mold growth: Do you notice mold or mildew developing inside the building? UV air sanitizers inhibit mold growth. If you see this problem, the unit may not be functioning as efficiently as it should.
How often should you replace the UV air sanitizer? The bulbs should be replaced every 10 to 12 months. If the bulb is older than this, it may be time to replace it to ensure maximum air purification.