If you are suddenly faced with a broken thermostat, it's time to make a quick replacement. However, you may feel overwhelmed by the options available. Which one do you choose? And should you simply repair your thermostat instead of replacing it? We will help you carry out the right solution. Skovron Mechanical Services LLC. is your local Manchester thermostat installation and repair team. We are dedicated to providing quality service and ensuring your home is as comfortable as possible before our job is done.
See how we have helped your neighbors achieve greater indoor comfort in our reviews page.
What Are the Benefits of a New Programmable Thermostat?
A programmable thermostat allows you to create “rules” that will automatically adjust the temperature. For example, you can set your air conditioning or heat to turn on for a few hours every day. Perhaps you like it cooler during the evening after you get home from work, but warmer in the morning. A programmable thermostat can be set to turn on the cool air when you crawl into bed and raise the temperature in the morning so you don't wake up shivering.
What’s convenient about programmable thermostats is that they enable you to effortlessly control the temperature in your home. Many models even allow you to create different settings for weekdays and weekends. While you can always manually change the temperature, you won't have to with a programmable thermostat.
The benefit that most homeowners focus on is the cost savings. You no longer have to heat or cool the whole house if there is no one home. Even if you forget to turn down the heat or air conditioner, your thermostat will do it for you.
What Features Should Your Smart Thermostat Have?
As in most areas of life, “smart” technology has made vast improvements to thermostats. There are many advantages to installing a smart thermostat in your home, including:
- Digital Readout - the temperature in your home is clearly displayed on a digital screen.
- Remote Access - Since they are wi-fi enabled, smart thermostats allow you to adjust them from your phone, no matter where you are.
- Smart Home Compatibility - Most smart thermostats are compatible with systems like Amazon Alexa or Google Home. That means you can control the temperature of your home with simple voice commands. You can even set reminders for your next HVAC maintenance visit or filter change.
- Multi-Zone Cooling/Heating - If you have more than one zone on your home, make sure to select a smart thermostat that works with remote sensors. This way, your thermostat can tell the accurate temperature based on readings from different rooms.
- Learning Capability - There are even smart thermostats on the market that learn your preferences over time. These thermostats can adjust the temperature without you inputting your desired temperature.
What Are Common Problems?
Is your programmable thermostat starting to show signs of trouble? If the temperature in your home never seems right even though you have manually adjusted the settings, your thermostat may need to be repaired or replaced.
If your air conditioner or heater is running on overtime because your thermostat isn't keeping them in check, contact us for immediate service.