Regular maintenance and timely professional repairs help extend the life of your heater. If your system is showing signs of stress or trouble, contact your local Manchester heater repair and installation technicians at Skovron Mechanical Services LLC. We will make sure you stay warm during the coldest days of the year.
Visit our reviews page to see how we have helped your neighbors with their HVAC problems.
What Are Signs You Need to Repair Your Heater?
Be on the lookout for these trouble signs in your heater:
- Unusual sounds: Do you hear strange sounds, such as knocking or pinging, when your heater is on? This may indicate dirt or debris in the system, or a faulty motor that may lead to a complete unit breakdown.
- Lack of heat: Is your home slow to warm up when the heater is on? Let us inspect the problem to determine what is causing your heater to work inefficiently. The issue may lie in the heater itself, or it may be the result of a faulty thermostat.
- Inefficient airflow: This is often caused by a clogged air filter. We recommend regular filter replacement every 1-3 months. Contact us for professional air filter replacement.
If you have an older heater (over 10 years old), you may want to consider installing a new one. We can help you choose the best system for your needs and install it for you. Our professional technicians will set up your new heater according to code, without any stress on your part.
How Can You Avoid These Problems?
Your heating system is more likely to suffer unexpected breakdowns from lack of regular maintenance. Routine inspections from your HVAC technician will help detect problems before they cause your heater to fail unexpectedly. We can also help replace filters and replace faulty components to make sure your heater continues to work efficiently.
An annual heater inspection is ideal. At Skovron Mechanical Services LLC., we provide inspection and maintenance services for homeowners throughout Manchester and surrounding areas.
What Does a Professional Heater Tune-Up Entail?
When you call Skovron Mechanical Services LLC. for heater maintenance, you can be confident that your heater is in good hands!
Annual heater maintenance services include all the following:
- Cleaning the blower compartment
- Adjusting the burners
- Changing (or cleaning) the filter
- Calibrating the thermostat
- Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas pressure, ignitor or pilot light, and flame operation
- Tightening wires and checking connections
During your heater inspection and tune-up, if your HVAC technician finds anything that may cause a problem down the line, the issue can be addressed right away, before it becomes worse and costs you more money.
What Are Easy Ways to Save on Your Heating Bill?
Keep your heating bill at a reasonable level with these easy tips:
- Make sure your heating vents are clear. This helps heat circulate more efficiently, resulting in a lower heating bill.
- Maintain your ductwork to make sure they are well connected. About 60 percent of heated air can be lost before it reaches the vents if ducts are poorly connected.
- Change air filters at least every three months (or every month if you have pets).