Whether you manage a restaurant, hotel, office space, or other commercial property, timely water heater services help keep your business running efficiently. Skovron Mechanical Services LLC. is your New Hampshire commercial water heater repair and installation expert. We provide top-notch solutions for all makes and models, no matter the problem.
See how we have helped your colleagues maximize the efficiency of their water heater in our past reviews.
Do You Have a Gas or Oil-Fired Water Heater?
We provide service to a range of water heater makes and models, including gas and oil-fired water heaters.
Gas water heaters are more common than their oil-fired counterparts. In gas units, cold water accumulates at the bottom of the tank; once a sensor detects that the temperature has fallen below a preset level, it will trigger a burner that heats the water. Hot water rises to the top of the tank and moves out through the plumbing to your water outlets.
Oil-fired water heaters are similar to gas units except for a few key areas. The burner assembly is quite different between the two units. In the oil-fired water heater’s burner, oil combines with air and is routed to a burner as mist. The mist is ignited by electricity.
Gas water heaters last longer and are more efficient than their oil-fueled counterparts; they are also less costly to maintain. However, oil-fueled units have a key advantage: they are able to heat back up after use much quicker than gas water heaters. For facilities that need to heat a significant amount of water quickly, oil-fired water heaters may be the best solution.
What Are Common Water Heater Problems?
If you notice the following problems with your water heater, contact us for immediate service:
- No hot water: There can be a variety of reasons why the heater isn't producing water. We will check the gas pilot thermocouples and other components in the unit to determine if they are working correctly and replace them as needed.
- Inadequate supply of hot water: If you are running out of hot water too quickly, contact us to evaluate the problem.
- Rust in water: Rusty and discolored water looks unpleasant. We will determine if there is corrosion in the tank or if an anode rod needs replacement.
- Rotten egg smell: This can signal bacteria buildup in the tank. Call us and we will replace faulty anode rods or flush the tank as necessary.
- Grumbling noises: This is often caused by sediment buildup in the tank. We can fix the problem by flushing the tank.
Whether you are having issues with a gas or oil-fired water heater, we will get to the source of the problem and carry out the right solution. We do our best to provide quality repairs, but if your water heater is on its last leg we may recommend a new installation. Your technician will help you choose the most efficient unit to fit your needs and budget, as well as provide quality installation. We will make sure your new water heater is compliant will local code and standards so you can enjoy the hot water you need without any interruptions.